Pork Loin with Figs and Port SauceFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 pound boneless pork roast shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 shallot, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup port wine shopping list
- 1/2 pound ripe fresh figs, stemmed and halved (about 8 figs) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In medium ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Generously season pork with salt and pepper.
- Brown pork on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Transfer skillet to oven and continue to cook to 145 degrees, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer pork to plate; tent loosely with foil, reserving skillet.
- Place skillet over medium heat, add shallot and cook until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Gradually whisk in port.
- Cook until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 1 minute.
- **Adjust consistency of sauce with water if necessary.
- Slice pork and serve with figs and sauce.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating8 people
Sounds lovely! I love the sauce and figs sound awesome here!juels in Clayton loved it
Divinely inspired!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
loving this!kimbaby in Live Oak loved it