New Mexico Onion QuicheFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 1 prepared pie crust-9" pan shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 large chopped white onions preferably Maui's or Vadallia's shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 shallots, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup crushed, toasted pine nuts shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 4 oz can mild green chili ( or hotter chilies ) shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup Half & Half or heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the pie crust in the pan and crimp edges. Fry bacon til crisp, then crumble.
- Sauti chopped onions, garlic, & pine nuts in butter until soft and lightly browned. Meanwhile, beat eggs, flour, green chili and liquids together. Place onions & bacon into pie shell, add cheeses, then pour egg mixture over.
- Bake at 350 for 45 min -1 hr, until firm & golden. Allow to cool slightly cut in 6-8 portions.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
I love onions cooked like this. You're right about the hash brown crust ... it's a must. Thanks.cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
Too yummy! I love your idea for the hashbrown crust. Good one! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
Oh, how yummy! Love the pine nuts here, too! Another great post, Peeta!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!