Black-Eyed Pea SoupFrom winslow1204 8 years ago
How to make it
- You will brown your bacon in a fry pan. After you drain the grease, wipe out grease with a paper towel.
- Add onion to the pot.
- Next, add the bouillon cubes to the mixture.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Bring all of this to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and then you will let this simmer around 45 min.
- After 45 min, add the potatoes and simmer for around 15 min, letting the potatoes get tender.
- Serve this with crusty bread!
People Who Like This Dish 9
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- helewes Newton, NJ
- sexypiratepants Metairie, LA
- lpetty420 Hot Springs National Park, AR
- uncoolmom Atlanta, GA
- odessiatopaz53 Fredericksburg, VA
- gianc1jj San Diego, CA
- nicolemonforti Salem, MA
- winslow1204 Centerville, CA
- cathyholman Chesley, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
The Rating3 people
Gave you a pic. Gave you 5 stars.
Found out black-eyed peas don't have to be soaked overnight.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Being originally from the South, we always had Black-eyed peas for the new year. I will try this recipe. Let you know how it went!helewes in Newton loved it
This was rich and satisfying!I like anything that has bacon of any type in it!!helewes in Newton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!