Creole Chicken Fried Chicken With Creole Ranch DressingFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup paprika shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2-1/4 pounds small boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon spice mix used to coat chicken shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all spice ingredients.
- Pull off chicken tenders from the breasts then sprinkle both sides of tenders with spice mix.
- Line them up in a non-reactive baking pan and pour on the buttermilk.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Mix flour, 1/4 cup spice mix and salt then spread out in a flat pan.
- Remove chicken pieces out of buttermilk and press into the flour mixture coating them well.
- Pour 1/4" of oil in bottom of a heavy skillet then heat over medium high until almost smoking.
- Add chicken pieces without crowding the pan.
- Turn down heat to medium and fry 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot until crisp and golden with some ranch dressing ladled on top.
- To make dressing whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer to a container with a lid and store in refrigerator until needed.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!