Beef Taco BakeFrom barneswifemn 7 years ago
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (reserve juice) shopping list
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (I use home made) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 12 taco shells shopping list
- 3 scallions, sliced thin shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and heat oven to 475 degrees. Combine half of tomatoes, beans, hot sauce, and cilantro in bowl. Spread evenly in 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Cook beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Pour off fat, then stir in taco seasoning, remaining tomatoes, and reserved tomato juice.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until thickened and nearly dry, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese into each taco shell and top with beef mixture.
- Arrange tacos upright in bean mixture, cover with foil, and bake until bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with remaining cheese, and bake until cheese is melted, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with scallions. Serve.
The Cookbarneswifemn Minneapolis, MN
The Rating4 people
5 coming your way this is making me hungry!kimbaby in Live Oak loved it
Very unique and interesting...not to mention, it sounds delicious..thanks a lot!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Not exactly traditional but I have had a dish very similar in Juarez. This could be fun.elgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!