Mexican Cheese FondueFrom peetabear 8 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2/3 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, plus more to thin the sauce if needed shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack (about 5 ounces) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mild salsa shopping list
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS shopping list
- French bread shopping list
- corn bread cubes shopping list
- celery and carrot sticks shopping list
- jicama slices shopping list
- mushrooms shopping list
- Red and yellow bell pepper strips shopping list
- Blanched broccoli and cauliflower shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and garlic powder until blended. Then whisk in the half-and-half and chicken broth. Continue to heat the mixture until it thickens and starts to bubble, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.
- 2. Gradually add the cheese, stirring until it is melted. Stir in the salsa.
- 3. Transfer the sauce to a fondue pot and set the flame to keep it warm. Add chicken broth a little at a time, as necessary, to achieve the consistency you desire. Serves 4 to 6.
People Who Like This Dish 4
- DoraSoSweet Richmond, Va
- m2googee Tomball, TX
- henrie Savannah, GA
- conner909 Whereabouts, Unknown
- linebb956 La Feria, TX
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- cher3231 Denham Springs, LA
- divaliscious Dutchess County, NY
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
ok double yum i love anything mexican ...........
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
oh yeah, my sort of dish....divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Good One, 5 forks heading in your directionhenrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!