Orange Gelatin Pretzel SaladFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 2 cups crushed pretzels shopping list
- 3 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin shopping list
- 2 cups boiling water shopping list
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained shopping list
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained shopping list
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 cups whipped topping shopping list
- Additional whipped topping, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and 3 teaspoons sugar; stir in butter.
- Press into an ungreased 13-in. X 9-in. Baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple and oranges.
- Chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- Gently spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Hey, I remember they talked about this type of gelatin pretzel salad on the "View" a couple years ago! One of the co-hosts made it and said how it had weird combos, but came out delicious! Now I have a recipe! Thanks, Henrie!juels in Clayton loved it
Yummy! I love the strawberry one. I bet this is very good too.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
I love the new "twist" on this, henrie - we love that salad, and I know this combo will be equally good...it's my youngest daughter's favorite salad/dessert!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it