Chicken Florentine Pasta BakeFrom canzi 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 (5 oz) pkg thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken shopping list
- 2 cups shredded gruyere cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp gound black pepper shopping list
- 1 (9oz) pkg fresh baby spinach, stemmed shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) pkg dumpling-style egg noodles, cooked according to pkg directions and kept warm shopping list
- Garnish: grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a large Dutch oven or giant pot melt 1/2 cup butter over medium. Add prosciutto and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently for 3 0r 4 minutes, or until prosciutto is crispy.
- Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and milk, stirring until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken, cheese, salt, and pepper; stirring until cheese melt. Stir in spinach and (cooked) noodles.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until casserole is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with Parmesan; if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: Can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated or frozen up to 1 month. If frozen, thaw completely in refrigerator before cooking.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookcanzi San Diego, CA
The Rating4 people
Don't you just love Paula?....Great post..:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Love everything about this recipe. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
wow love all the spices and cheese yummy thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it