Chocolate Filled CrepesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- : shopping list
- 3 and 1/2 oz (100 grams) plain flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 8 fl oz (250 ml) milk shopping list
- 1 oz (25 grams) butter shopping list
- vegetable oil, for brushing shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 9 oz (250 grams) plain chocolate, broken into pieces shopping list
- 1 oz (25 grams) unsalted butter shopping list
- Stiffly whipped cream, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the crepe batter:
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the eggs and 3-4 tablespoons of the milk and mix well.
- Gradually stir in the remaining milk to make a fairly runny batter.
- Melt the butter in a double boiler in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, leave to cool almost completely, then add to the batter.
- Season with salt, beat again for a few minutes with a small whisk, then leave to stand for at least 1 hour.
- Brush the base of a crepe pan with oil and heat, then pour in 2 tablespoons of the batter.
- Turn and tilt the pan so that the batter covers the base evenly.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the underside is set and golden brown, then flip over with a spatula and cook the other side for about 2 minutes until golden.
- Slide the crepe out of the pan on to a plate.
- Make more crepes in the same way until all the batter is used.
- Makes 12. ( 2 crepes a piece )
- Prepare to fill the crepes:
- Take the 12 crepes, stack them, interleaved with greaseproof paper, on a plate and keep warm.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the chocolate and melt over a low heat, stirring constantly until smooth, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Gently stir in the butter and spread the filling over the crepes while still hot.
- Fold each crepe into a half-moon shape, arrange, slightly overlapping, on a serving dish and serve with whipped cream.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great post and wonderful choc. fix thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love the chocolate filling here, sounds so luscious!juels in Clayton loved it
These sound decadent. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it