Chocolate Filled CrepesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- : shopping list
- 3 and 1/2 oz (100 grams) plain flour shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 8 fl oz (250 ml) milk shopping list
- 1 oz (25 grams) butter shopping list
- vegetable oil, for brushing shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 9 oz (250 grams) plain chocolate, broken into pieces shopping list
- 1 oz (25 grams) unsalted butter shopping list
- Stiffly whipped cream, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the crepe batter:
- Sift the flour into a bowl, add the eggs and 3-4 tablespoons of the milk and mix well.
- Gradually stir in the remaining milk to make a fairly runny batter.
- Melt the butter in a double boiler in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, leave to cool almost completely, then add to the batter.
- Season with salt, beat again for a few minutes with a small whisk, then leave to stand for at least 1 hour.
- Brush the base of a crepe pan with oil and heat, then pour in 2 tablespoons of the batter.
- Turn and tilt the pan so that the batter covers the base evenly.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the underside is set and golden brown, then flip over with a spatula and cook the other side for about 2 minutes until golden.
- Slide the crepe out of the pan on to a plate.
- Make more crepes in the same way until all the batter is used.
- Makes 12. ( 2 crepes a piece )
- Prepare to fill the crepes:
- Take the 12 crepes, stack them, interleaved with greaseproof paper, on a plate and keep warm.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, add the chocolate and melt over a low heat, stirring constantly until smooth, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Gently stir in the butter and spread the filling over the crepes while still hot.
- Fold each crepe into a half-moon shape, arrange, slightly overlapping, on a serving dish and serve with whipped cream.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
perfect for valentines day brunchchichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
These sound decadent. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Love the chocolate filling here, sounds so luscious!juels in Clayton loved it