Bacon Blue Cheese DipFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 6 thick-cut slices bacon shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup lager beer shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- cayenne pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 pound blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- You favorite breadsticks shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet fry the bacon over moderate heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Crumble coarsely.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet, add the onion and stir 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir 3 minutes longer.
- Whisking, add the milk and beer and then add the Worcestershire sauce and cayenne.
- Bring mixture to a low boil, whisking.
- Cook, whisking for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the bacon and blue cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Transfer dip to a small bowl.
- Serve with breadsticks.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
Beer, bacon and blue cheese, you can't go wrong here! Thanks for another great one, Lorraine!juels in Clayton loved it
Now that's a dip I could become attached to seriously! Great flavor combo - yes, where was it last Sunday during the Super Bowl?? I just need an excuse to make it now...krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
wow!!! krum is right thats a dip for sure very good lorraine
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it