Miss Olivias Broccoli Cheddar SoupFrom sparow64 4 years ago
- ½ cup finely minced onion shopping list
- ½ cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon white or black pepper shopping list
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups half and half or milk shopping list
- 3 cups chopped cooked/steamed fresh broccoli shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or more to taste shopping list
- sour cream for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Add broth and milk. Heat but do not boil.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Heat through.
- Stir in cheese.
- Stir until cheese is mostly melted.
- Do not boil.
- Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream in the center.
- Serve additional shredded cheese if desired.