Mashed Potato PieFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 1 9" pie crust, baked lightly shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- juice and zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 egg whites, beaten to firm peak stage shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Mix together the milk, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add mashed potatoes and egg yolks.
- Mix well.
- Add butter and salt.
- Mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 20 minutes longer.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
Sounds incredible. You are posting some amazing recipes today my friend. Keep them coming. You have my 5 forks here.chefmeow in Garland loved it
That's what I was going to say, "Why not?" We make sweet potato pie, why not add some sweetness to regular potatoes and make a dessert out of those? You get my 5, Lorraine, great recipe!juels in Clayton loved it