Almond-Filled Chocolate Covered CherriesFrom annieamie 5 years ago
How to make it
- Pat cherries dry between layers of paper towel. With a sharp knife, slit from bottom of cherry to stem, without cutting completely in half.
- Pinch off small pieces of Marzipan (about the size of a large pea) and roll into balls. Fill cavities of cherries with Marzipan. Round out shape using a paper towel to soak up any extra syrup.
- Heat 1 cup chocolate chips on high in microwaveable container for 1 minute and stir, then at 15 second intervals (stirring between each) until smooth and melted. Make sure chocolate does not come into any contact with water (on bowl or spoon) or it will seize (harden).
- Holding stem, dip filled cherries into melted chocolate and place on wax paper or directly into paper bonbon cups to dry. Melt additional chocolate as needed.
- This recipe uses less than 1/2 roll of Marzipan and can be easily doubled. Otherwise, double wrap Marzipan (in plastic wrap or foil) and freeze for future use. Color white chocolate pink or for a marbled effect, swirl red color into white then dip cherry.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating4 people
Mmmmmm good annie love these
copied and saved for sure thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
How cute are those? Who needs store bought candy when there are all these beautiful and delicious confections right here?? These look so easy and would go together in no time...great idea - thanks, annie!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Wow, these are beautiful, unique and delicious sounding! Just in time for Valentine's! A beauty flag is coming your way!juels in Clayton loved it