Bacon Onion and Tomato PizzaFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus about 1 tablespoon more for brushing on pitas shopping list
- 2 cups sliced white onions shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 4 Greek style pita breads shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes washed and sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh spinach shopping list
- 8 slices cooked bacon each slice cut in half and divided shopping list
- 1 cup Fontina cheese shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 then heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and season with salt and pepper then sauté onions 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and continue cooking until onions turn a golden brown.
- Remove them from heat and set aside.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet and brush each with olive oil then sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning and mozzarella over top then top with a portion of the onions.
- Arrange tomato slices on the pita and garnish with spinach in the center.
- Arrange four bacon slices on top of each pizza then bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each with 3 tablespoons of the fontina cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese melts then remove from oven and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
Mmmmmmm.....I like it! Thanks for the post!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
tasty recipe thanks love the combo, thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds really good.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!