Chocolate Coconut Rum PieFrom indicatorsrule1 6 years ago
- Your favorite pie crust shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups dried coconut shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- 3 oz unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 oz pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup Myers's dark rum shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 8 oz semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place pie crust into pie pan.
- Toast the coconut on a baking sheet in in the oven until golden brown.
- Heat the sugar, corn syrup, butter, rum and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently while the mixture is heating. Reduce the heat to low and cook the mixture for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; immediately add the semisweet chocolate, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Place the eggs in an electric mixer bowl and whisk on medium speed for 1 minute. Gradually add the hot chocolate mixture. Mix for 1 minute until incorporated. Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to fold in the coconut flakes until evenly distributed.
- Pour the chocolate and coconut mixture into the pie shell. Place the pie on a baking sheet on the center rack in the oven and bake for 1 hour, until the crust is golden brown and the chocolate center is domed and shiny. Remove the pie and cool then refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
The Cookindicatorsrule1 Gilbert, AZ
The Rating5 people
yum...chocolate, coconut and rum .... definite 5 forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Love the sounds of this pie! Another keeper for me, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Yum, great post, you have my 5, I'll hold my fork though for a second piece. Yah, I know I'm bad.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!