Crab And Corn ChowderFrom shandy 9 years ago
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick) shopping list
- 1 lrg. onion, finely diced shopping list
- 4 lrg. potatoes, cubed and cooked (I microwave them) shopping list
- 1 c. half and half shopping list
- 1 c. evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 c. clam broth shopping list
- 2 cans canned whole kernel corn (Drained but save the juice) shopping list
- 1 can creamed corn shopping list
- 2 t. Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh crabmeat shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat a 6-quart soup pot on medium heat with butter.
- Add onions, whole corn, and half of the crabmeat. Cook until onions are clear. Add Old Bay seasoning and Cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add clam broth, liquid from corn, and creamed corn. Bring to boil and add evaporated milk and half and half. Slowly bring chowder to a low simmer, being careful not to boil. Add potatoes. Add the remainder of the crabmeat the next day, just before serving the chowder.
- Cool chowder in refrigerator overnight and serve the following day - if you can wait that long. All chowders are always best if made the day before...