Cream Cheese ChickenFrom lmgluvscats 7 years ago
- 4 pounds chicken thighs without skin -- ready to cook (I sometimes use pieces of choice equaling 4#) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine -- melted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 ounce Italian salad dressing mix shopping list
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese -- cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 large onion -- chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth -- to cook onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced (I use minced garlic) shopping list
How to make it
- Brush chicken with butter and layer in crock pot with dry Italian seasoning mix sprinkled on each layer. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours. About 45 minutes before done, brown the onion in the chicken broth and then add the cream cheese, soup, salt & pepper and remaining chicken broth to the saucepan. Add the minced garlic and stir all ingredients until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over chicken in crockpot and cook an additional 30-45 minutes. Remove chicken to platter and stir sauce before putting in gravy bowl.
- Here are the ways that it can be adapted.
- OVEN RECIPE
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into serving size pieces. Sprinkle with dry salad dressing mix. Brown chicken in skillet and a little butter. Remove chicken to casserole dish. Add the onion to the skillet and brown. Add other ingredients to skillet to make sauce. Pour sauce over the chicken, cover and bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Serve over noodles or rice.
- STOVETOP RECIPE
- Prepare as for oven recipe, browning chicken in skillet. Remove chicken, add onions and sauté . Add other sauce ingredients, return chicken to skillet with the sauce. Cover the pan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Note: Actually I use the oven method most of the time. And I use chicken breasts as I have someone that prefers boneless chicken.
The Cooklmgluvscats Sigourney, IA
The Rating10 people
Sounds wonderful, Hearty winter meal!...:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
This is great, thanks so much for sharing!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I like cream cheese anything!!!dynie in Marietta loved it