Buffalo Baked Chicken PastaFrom boofie 5 years ago
- 1lb cooked penne pasta shopping list
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 2 small carrots, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup light sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup prepared light ranch dressing shopping list
- 1/2 cup Franks red hot sauce, or your favorite hot sauce shopping list
- 1-1.5 cups shredded swiss, provolone, cheddar, whatever you like shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- No stick spray shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare pasta according to packaging's directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes, or until it is nearly done.
- Add chopped vegetables and continue cooking another couple minutes until chicken is done and veggies are desired level of doneness (I like to leave mine pretty crunchy). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine sour cream, ranch dressing, and Franks red hot sauce in a bowl. Toss chicken and vegetables with pasta. Add sauce and toss again to coat well. Transfer pasta mixture to a 13x9" casserole lightly hit with no stick spray.
- Top casserole with shredded cheese and bread crumbs. Bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Place under broiler last couple minutes if you like your cheese browned and bubbly like I do.