Walnut Apricot AppetizerFrom annieamie 5 years ago
- For 20 servings (2 for each person) shopping list
- 1 pound of dried apricots (40 apricots) shopping list
- 3 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 a pound of walnut halves (40 walnuts) shopping list
- *Optional : You can top this with a fresh blueberry , a pecan half, raisins, some lightly toasted sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, mini chocolate chips, a banana chip or even chopped Oreo cookies for a treat any Oreo fan will love! shopping list
How to make it
- Spread the cream cheese over the apricot and top with a walnut half.
- Now how easy was that?
- You can make these hours before your event.
- If you want to make a little sandwich-like appetizer, spread two apricots with the cream cheese and stick a walnut on top of cream cheese and top with the other apricot spread with the cheese.
- *If your apricots are hard, take a clean dishtowel and wet it completely with water. Wring it out and place it in the microwave for 2 minutes until it is hot. Place the hard apricots on the dishtowel and roll it up around the apricots for only a few minutes. The hot moisture should make the apricots softer. CHECK your apricots in the bag before you buy them in the store. The softer apricots should be fresher than hard, dried apricots. Try this with dried apples, too.
- You can use fat free cream cheese or even goat cheese. If you love Brie, try that with the fruit before making a batch. You can even put a small cube or slice of brie over the apricot, broil it until it starts to melt and top with the walnut.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating7 people
Wow, what a great idea, Annie! Such a time-saver for parties, and sounds so yummy, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
very lovely recipe!midgelet in Eastern loved it
wow !!!! sweet!!! i love it so easy
thanks annie a new one on me lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Cookin Moms348 members
Quick N Easy121 members
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
Seasonally Fall81 members
Anything Goes286 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Fun Food For Kids58 members