Ginger Chicken AdoboFrom olivia63 7 years ago
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 C. soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 C. distilled apple cidar vinegar shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed shopping list
- 2 T. thinly sliced fresh ginger root shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 T. black peppercorns shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, bay leaves and peppercorns in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it boils, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 30 minutes, basting the chicken occasionally. After 30 minutes, remove lid and cook until liquid has reduced to half.
- Remove chicken from the pot to a serving plate. Strain the liquid from the pot to remove all the food particles, and set aside. Serve chicken hot over steamed rice and drizzle with reserved sauce.