Steamed Semolina Savoury CakeFrom cholena 6 years ago
- 1 C semolina / rava shopping list
- few roasted cashew nuts chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp curry leaves chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp green chillies chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp ginger flakes shopping list
- .............................. shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped corriander leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp ghee ( optional ) shopping list
- 240 ml thick slightly sour yogurt / curd . shopping list
How to make it
- Mix rava everything in a bowl ....
- Add the corriander leaves and 80 ml of the curd .
- Mix well .
- Heat ghee and add to the mixture.
- Now add the 160 ml curd . Mix well .
- Set aside for awhile until it is fully soaked .
- Grease idli moulds and scoop the batter in .........
- or steam cook in small containers in a vegetable steamer until a pierced toothpick comes out clean .
- Serve hot with mixed vegetable curry / sambar
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating4 people
Hi Cholena, this sounds really good. Kinda soft, chewy, nutty and spicy! Love to try it soon. Dariakidaria in BC loved it
hi cholena...wonderful post...i have tasted this...but haven't tried...nice pict...angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
Cholena, what would be the best substitute for the Idli moulds if you don't have one. Muffin tins? Little aluminium cup cake cups? Did I read that they usually have tiny holes in the bottom? I love the ingredients and would love to try it.jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!