Hispanic Corn BreadFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup masarica ( corn dough mix - found at Hispanic markets ) or P.A.N flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup egg yolks shopping list
- 1 to 1/2 cups buttermilk or as needed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl add and mix well all the dry ingredients.
- Stir the yolks into one cup of buttermilk.
- Quickly fork stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add additional buttermilk if needed to make a smooth cornbread batter type of consistency.
- Scrape into prepared pan. ( enough to fit batter at least 1/2 full )
- Bake in 375 to 400 degree oven about 20 to 30 minutes or until center tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool on rack and cut into squares from pan to serve.
- Serve warm or room temperature with butter and jam.
- Freezes well.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
Thanks for posting this one. WE were just talking about this one! Thanks for taking the time to post it and share with me so I can bake some TLC on this end of the globe.
I saw a recipe similar to that one in my Knott's Berry Far...morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
One can never have too many recipes for cornbread, midge! This sounds great to me. My thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Spanish And Hispanic Food142 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Real Corn Flour13 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Quick Breads72 members
Corn Bread54 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members