Scallops In White Wine Roasted Garlic Sauce Over PastaFrom charlesroberts 5 years ago
- butter – about 4 tablespoons shopping list
- shallots – 1 to 2 (you can substitute elephant garlic to this recipe if you want to go mega garlic) shopping list
- white wine – this is up to you. I like to start with a 3/4 cup and then go from there. In this recipe we are going to be reducing this wine to about 1/8 of a cup. shopping list
- whipping cream – also starting off at the 3/4 cup level and going from there. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- butter – 2 tablespoons shopping list
- scallops – about 1 pound with the hard eraser bit removed. shopping list
- roasted garlic – one whole head shopping list
- peas – about ½ cup or more depending on taste. Frozen or fresh will work in this dish. shopping list
- pasta - your choice. I prefer bow ties. Enough to serve 4 people shopping list
- parmesan cheese - use freshly grated to your taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Make the cream sauce first
- Melt the 4 tablespoons of butter in a 2 litre saucepan, on med heat (start off with just 3 tablespoons, more may be needed later).
- Add shallots and sauté for about 2-3 mins.
- Add the wine. Reduce the liquid in the sauce pan to the consistency of warm liquid honey.
- Turn down heat and let rest for about 3-5 mins.
- Add cream and salt/pepper
- Pour this cream sauce into a bowl and set aside....do not wash sauce pan.....you want the flavor in this pan for the scallops
- Boil water for in separate pot for pasta.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 4 litre saucepan (medium setting), and heat to almost burning point.
- At this point add the pasta to the pot of boiling water
- Add scallops to saucepan and reduce to low. Sear the scallop on one side for about 2 mins.
- Flip scallop over, cook for about 1 minute
- Add the cream sauce.
- Let stand on medium heat for another 2 mins.
- Add garlic & peas. Let sit for another 1-2 mins ensuring all is heated well. This may take longer if you are using frozen peas.
- Drain pasta and add it to large saucepan with scallops and creamsauce.
- Add Parmesan, toss and serve.
The Cookcharlesroberts Halifax, CA
The Rating7 people
This "5"FORK!!!!! recipe is a
Scallops,Wine,Garlic & Cream~ a WOW combination~
Thank-you for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
my husband will love this recipe... thank you.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
sounds fantastic!cgendy in Manalapan loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!