Green Beans In Mushroom Sherry SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 pounds fresh green beans shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
How to make it
- Wash beans and remove ends then bring one cup water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add beans then cover and reduce heat and cook 8 minutes then drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic then cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender stirring often.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper then cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Gradually add broth and whipping cream then cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add sherry then cook 2 minutes and add beans tossing to coat then serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
You know I kind of remember my Mom making something like this. I forgot all about it. I will try this for sure and relive all those flavorful memories. Thank you for the 5 forker. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!