Slow Cooker Pork Butt Green ChiliFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in pork butt, trimmed and cut into large chunks, or 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt shopping list
- 1 (27-ounce) can (or 7 4-ounce cans) chopped mild green chiles shopping list
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled and left whole shopping list
- 3 canned chipotle chiles, or to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, mixed with 2 cups cold water shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- flour tortillas or rice for serving shopping list
- sour cream, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Place the pork, green chiles, garlic, chipotles, ground cumin and flour-water mixture in a slow cooker and set to desired temperature. Cover pot and cook until pork is tender enough to pierce easily with a fork (at least 5 hours if set on high).
- Remove meat from pot and shred to desired thickness.
- With a wooden spoon mash garlic and chiles and spoon over pork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll in tortillas, or serve over rice, and serve with sour cream if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- Chrispy Nowhere, Us
- cookingcarpenter Victoria, Canada
- amort Fullerton, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- crabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
- bellasmom Queen Creek, AZ
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- showmegirl Midwest, MO
- sampler Standish, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating7 people
Greatness here my friend. High 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Now this is what I call comfort food...I cannot wait to smell it cooking on acold, rainy day like today-thanks!bellasmom in Queen Creek loved it
I love this. Yummy.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it