Really Good CrabcakesFrom aimee 9 years ago
- 1 lb crab, picked clean of shell bits shopping list
- 3-4 Tbs good white wine or Dijon mustard shopping list
- 3 shallots, finely chopped shopping list
- half a small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- white bread torn into small bits if the mixture gets too moist, or to stretch the recipe. shopping list
- mayonnaise if the mixture is too dry, or if adding bread shopping list
- bread crumbs shopping list
- butter shopping list
How to make it
- Sautee the onion and a shallot in butter until sweated, and just starting to brown.
- Mix the crab, onion, shallots (raw and cooked), mustard, egg, and parsley together in a bowl. (Add bread or mayonnaise if the mixture is too wet or dry to form cakes, or to stretch the recipe.)
- Form into cakes, set on a cookie sheet, preferably on wax paper or foil, and refrigerate for at least half an hour till they set a little bit.
- Roll the cakes in bread crumbs, and pan fry in butter till they're golden brown, and fully cooked in the middle. Promptly serve.
- If making them ahead of time, wait until you're almost ready to serve to bread them, the crumbs can get soggy otherwise.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- danadooley Singapore, SG
- edmund Studio City, CA
- sweetbabycakes Englewood, NJ
- mycharminglife Cantonment, FL
- princesa9580 *******, DE
- nlo209 Toronto, CA
- jennileon Melbourne, AU
- leslierose_64 Mandaluyong City, Philippines
- amethyst0x Perth, CA
- msbooch75 Ocean Springs, MS
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!