Maryland Crab SoupFrom bojangles42 8 years ago
- 2 rasher bacon finely diced shopping list
- 2 larged onion diced shopping list
- 2 carrots diced shopping list
- 2 stalks celery diced shopping list
- 1/2 c fresh parsley shopping list
- 4 c. beef broth shopping list
- 2 1/2 c clam juice shopping list
- 2 c water shopping list
- 1 smoked ham hock scored deeply shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/2 teas powdered mustard shopping list
- 2 T Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 3 c diced potatoes shopping list
- 2 1/2 c canned Italian tomatoes and juice shopping list
- 1 c fresh or frozen corn niblets shopping list
- 12 oz lump crab meat shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot fry the bacon until almost crisp
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, and parsley
- Saute until the onion is tender
- Add beef broth, clam juice, water, ham hock, bay leaves, mustard, and Old Bay.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes
- Add potatoes. Simmer until tender
- Crush the tomatoes. Add tomatoes and juice to the pot
- Add the corn, simmer 10 more minutes.
- Add the crab, Stir gently so the lumps are not broken up
- Serve when crab is hot.
- This is a real treat. A bowl of this soups with a couple of cheddar biscuits can't be beat.