Caramelized Onion Bacon Potato SaladFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 large red onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 large yellow or white onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes unpeeled and cut into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 6 hard cooked eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley shopping list
- 6 green onions diced shopping list
- 12 slices peppered bacon crisp fried and chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat then add onions and sauté 30 minutes.
- Near end of 30 minutes stir onions every few minutes.
- Add honey and cook and stir for 1 minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- While onions are cooking place potatoes in large pot and cover with cold water and dash of salt.
- Bring to boil and cook until fork tender then drain and place in large bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop eggs and mix with Dijon, sour cream, relish, spices, parsley and green onions.
- Add egg mixture, onions and bacon to potatoes and mix well then serve warm or chilled.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
This sounds great and I always like various potato salad recipes - this is great thanks.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
MMMMMMMM That sounds so good!! Definitely gotta make this one - ^5madmommy in Wayne loved it
Definitely different and delicious...great post, thanks a bunch! Five forks...
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!