Spiced Rice With Green PeasFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons corn oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped shopping list
- 2 cups basmati rice well rinsed soaked in water for 1/2 hour and drained shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas shopping list
- 1 pod cardamom shopping list
- 1 whole clove shopping list
- 1 stick cinnamon shopping list
- 3-1/4 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- In dry skillet toast cumin seeds over low heat for 2 minutes then set aside.
- In a pan heat oil and fry onion over moderate heat for 2 minutes then add rice and stir well.
- Add turmeric, salt, and toasted cumin seeds then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes more.
- Add peas, cardamom and cinnamon then stir well and add water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low then cover pan and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir once toward the end of the cooking time and if rice appears firm add more water.
- Cook for another minute then turn off heat and allow the rice to rest in covered pan 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Excellent! The peas got me but I do love the flavors you have in there, too.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This looks wonderful - I'm not a fan of peas but asparagus would be great I bet!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!