- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 2/3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- red licorice shopping list
- mini chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- In bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla. Stir dry ingredients together, then add to wet and stir thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Working with one quarter of the dough at a time and keeping remainder refrigerated, roll a scant tablespoon full of dough into ball.
- Then roll slightly one end to look like a mouse’s body for each cookie.
- Press eyes (Mini chocolate chips) firmly into the head end of the cookie.
- Insert a part of licorice in the other end for a tail.
- Add two small balls at back of head to make ears.
- You want them a bit thin and gangly looking, since they’ll puff a little when you bake them.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets (or use silicone sheets or parchment)
- bake in 325 F oven for 20-25 minutes or until pale golden.
- Let cool.
- Can set them around a slice of cheese for effect.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
Just adorable, karlyn! My thanks and my 5, my friend.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Wow, how cute! Love these guys and my kids will definitely get a kick out of these! So, does the licorice do fine in the oven?juels in Clayton loved it
Yes...the licorice doesn't melt or something?
I am teaching a kids class next month and this is a great idea-I'm guessing licorice stays intact since the cookies are baked with licorice in place?dollhead in Mechanicville loved it