Bloody Mary ChiliFrom gagagrits 6 years ago
- SAUTE; shopping list
- 3 strips thick-sliced bacon,diced shopping list
- 1 lb. top sirloin, cut into 1" cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper shopping list
- STIR IN; shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, diced shopping list
- 1 T. garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno seeded, minced shopping list
- 2 T. chili powder. shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp. each dry mustard, and dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1.4 tsp. cayenne shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice (14.5) shopping list
- 1 can crushed tomatoes in juice (15 oz) shopping list
- FINISH WITH; GARNISH WITH; shopping list
- 2 T. prepared horseradish shopping list
- 1 T. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- Tabasco to taste shopping list
- celery ribs with leaves shopping list
How to make it
- SAUTE bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp; drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Return pan to burner, add seasoned beef, and brown in drippings on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer beef to the plate with the bacon; return pot to burner.
- STIR IN onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and jalapeno; saute 3 minutes, then stir in reserved bacon, beef, and seasonings.
- Cook 2 minutes, add broth and diced and crushed tomatoes;
- simmer 10 minutes
- finish soup with horseradish, Worcestershire, lemon juice, and Tabasco. Garnish each serving with a rib of celery.
- "Fried Pickles goes really good with this recipe to follow"
The Cookgagagrits Irmo, SC
The Rating5 people
Had to come read the chili recipe after seeing it mentioned with the pickes...sounds great! Thanks for another very nice post...=)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
LOL you know you had me with the Horseradish garnish. 5bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Does sound awesome! Love all the spices here, a must try!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!