Simple Chicken N DumplingsFrom mommyluvs2cook 5 years ago
- 1 whole cut up chicken, skin removed and rinsed shopping list
- 5 tubes regular sized biscuits shopping list
- 1 tsp. celery salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional) shopping list
- Dash creole shopping list
- S & P to taste (I use about 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper) shopping list
How to make it
- place chicken in 8 quart stock or soup pot.
- Fill pot about half way with water and boil about 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Reserve water and remove chicken. Set aside to cool.
- While chicken is cooking tear biscuits into small pieces to make the dumplings (I usually get about four pieces per biscuit).
- Bring water back up to a boil and drop dumplings one at a time in. When it starts getting kinda full use a ladle to make a well to drop dumplings in so they don't stick to the other biscuits.
- Let dumplings simmer for about 20-25 minutes* (read below).
- Add seasonings and adjust them if needed.
- Shred cooled chicken while dumplings are cooking.
- At the very end add chicken in and serve.
- *cook less for thinner broth and more for thicker. I like mine semi thick so 25 minutes is about what I do*
The Cookmommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
The Rating3 people
I've heard of this, but never done it! I hear it's excellent, and it looks so easy! Great post. Saw it in the recipe swap group...don't forget to post in the thread which recipes you are commiting to make and to tell us the recipes that you dropped...moresparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Does sound easy and tasty! Love your picture!juels in Clayton loved it