Lemon-ricotta PancakesFrom baby_rei 7 years ago
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Whish flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk egg ylks, buttermilk, ricotta cheese, sugar and lemon peel in medium bowl until blended.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl at medium high speed until soft peaks form. Stir ricotta mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in egg whites.
- Heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, oil griddle. Ladle batter by scant 1/4 ladle-fuls onto griddle, spreading to 4 inch rounds. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbled break surface and around edges of pancake. Turn; cook for 1 minutes or until golden brown. Place in oven to keep warm while cooking remaining pancakes.
The Cookbaby_rei Highland Park, IL
The Rating6 people
Saving this one! What a great idea for pancakes...yum!juels in Clayton loved it
Grandma knew what she's doing.borinda in SoCal loved it
I'm sure the ricotta adds additional moisture which will make a really tender cake! I love lemon anything...and this I'm sure is a great one!
I have some ricotta in my fridge too!
Polly Motzkopollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!