Smoked ChiliFrom pizzaman 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 pounds good chuck in 1 inch cubes and smoked with whatever flavor, hickory, mesquite, etc., as you like shopping list
- 1/2 pound pork also cut in cubes and smoked with whatever flavor, hickory, mesquite, etc., as you like shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder +/- shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano +/- shopping list
- 2 medium onions shopping list
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 green peppers shopping list
- hot pepper sauce of flakes to taste shopping list
- salt + pepper shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions shopping list
- cup of water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- They key is to have good smoked meat. I smoke mine in a commercial smoker with water steamer for 4 hours in a kettle and usually add apple wood chips because that is what I have. The rest is make a chili taste as you like.
- I dice the onions, cut the peppers into bite size peices and saute both until tender, add the meat - sometimes i cut it a bit, then the tomatoes and seasoning and simmer for 3 hours adding water if necessary.
- I serve it with a side bowl of sour cream and another of chopped scallions for topping, and a bunch of cold beer. It all works well. :)
The Cookpizzaman Baltimore, MD
The Rating6 people
My son smokes some of his own meat and loves to make chili....I'll be sharing this with him. Thanks for posting.pat2me in Nashua loved it
this sounds great... this is the second recipe this week for smoked meats... I'm going to have to haul the smoker out ..!!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
great idea--smoked meat. thanks for the post.choclytcandy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!