Spinach LasagnaFrom marmay 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups of ricotta or cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pot over medium heat saute spinach, onion, oregano, basil and garlic in the olive oil. In a large bowl mix cottage cheese or ricotta,
- mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese,
- parsley, salt, pepper and egg.
- Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of a lasagna pan.
- Place 4 uncooked noodles on top of sauce and top with layer of sauce
- Add 4 more noodles and layer with 1/2 sauce and 1/2 cheese mixture,
- repeat until all is layered, finishing with sauce.
- pour in the water along the sides of the pan (this cooks the noodles)
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 55 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookmarmay MI
The Rating3 people
Ah Ha! This is the recipe I want to make...I've been dawdling around looking for the perfect recipe that is different and unique and good!
This one combines the goodness of the flavors of let's say Spanokopita without the Feta Cheese, and still ...morepollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
This recipe is now a proud addition to the following groups:
Courtesy of ME!
Polly Motzkopollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
Looks good and healthy. Nice. JJthegoldminer in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!