Raspberry Coconut DropsFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups flaked coconut, divided shopping list
- 1 cup raspberry preserves, warmed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk, orange juice and almond extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Gradually add dry mixture to creamed mixture.
- Stir in 3 cups of coconut.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls.
- Roll in remaining coconut.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using end of wooden spoon handle, make indentation in center of each ball.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Fill each cookie with preserves and let cool.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Sounds like an old-fashioned cookie, and it sounds great!
HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
More raspberry! That is not in any way a complaint, rather a yippee. These sound wonderful, midge! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This sounds absolutely amazing,Thanks for the post.ambus in Lahore loved it