Raisin Oatmeal Walnut ChewiesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups soy flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread walnuts and oats on a baking sheet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir, and cook 2 minutes more, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of food processor fitted with a steel blade (or in a mixer), combine both sugars, margarine, eggs and vanilla.
- Process until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. In a small bowl, combine the soy flour and salt.
- Spoon the soy flour mixture on top of the batter.
- Pulse 3 or 4 times to mix.
- Scrape the batter into the walnut-oatmeal mixture.
- Add the raisins and coconut.
- Fold the ingredients together.
- Drop the dough 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets, using 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are just beginning to brown but the middles still look a little soft.
- Cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
thank you for a wonderful gluten free recipe... I added it to the 101 gluten free place group....
just a notation to remind people .... you must use gluten free oats....
five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I am passing this on to my gluten free friend. maybe this should be in a gluten free group, Iam not sure how to do thischichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Healthy Baking123 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
A Cookie Jar57 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
International Baking67 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members
Cookie SwapARama67 members