Raisin Oatmeal Walnut ChewiesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups soy flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread walnuts and oats on a baking sheet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir, and cook 2 minutes more, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with baking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of food processor fitted with a steel blade (or in a mixer), combine both sugars, margarine, eggs and vanilla.
- Process until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds. In a small bowl, combine the soy flour and salt.
- Spoon the soy flour mixture on top of the batter.
- Pulse 3 or 4 times to mix.
- Scrape the batter into the walnut-oatmeal mixture.
- Add the raisins and coconut.
- Fold the ingredients together.
- Drop the dough 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets, using 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tops are just beginning to brown but the middles still look a little soft.
- Cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes and then transfer to a rack to cool.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
I am passing this on to my gluten free friend. maybe this should be in a gluten free group, Iam not sure how to do thischichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
thank you for a wonderful gluten free recipe... I added it to the 101 gluten free place group....
just a notation to remind people .... you must use gluten free oats....
five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Bake Sale126 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Healthy Baking123 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
A Cookie Jar58 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
International Baking67 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members
Cookie SwapARama67 members