Pear Crisp With Lemon SauceFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup all purpose flour divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel divided shopping list
- 5 cups sliced peeled ripe pears shopping list
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cold butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- lemon Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1 egg yolk beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine 2 tablespoons flour, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Add pears then gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased square baking dish.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cardamom, remaining flour and lemon peel then mix well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then stir in almonds.
- Sprinkle over pears and bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
- For lemon sauce combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Gradually stir in water until smooth.
- Stir in egg yolk, butter, lemon juice and lemon peel and cook for 3 minutes longer.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Mmmm. Cat this sounds like a wonderful recipe. I'll definately be trying this one out. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
This does sound so good. Saving!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
what a great combo... pears almonds and lemon sauce... high five...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!