Faintly Greek Potato SaladFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 8 russet potatoes, peeled and left in large pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar (I don't use red wine vinegar because it turns the potatoes pink-if I had white wine vinegar, I might use it) shopping list
- 1 tsp of chervil shopping list
- 1 tsp of dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp of cracked black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of oregano-if I had it shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of celery salt shopping list
- 1 bunch of green onions diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup of drained capers shopping list
- 2/3 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 3 to 4 tbsp of heavy cream if needed shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot of cold salted water, bring the potatoes to a boil until just knife tender.
- Drain immediately.
- Leave in the pot and douse with the white vinegar and
- shake in the seasonings up to the onions.
- Cover and let cool enough to handle.
- The potatoes will absorb the vinegar.
- Slice into 3/4 inch chunks.
- Taste a potato, does it taste tart? If not, splash in more vinegar.
- Mix the caper and onions with the sour cream.
- Fold into potatoes gently, try not to break up the chunks too much.
- If at serving time the potatoes seem too dry, add a spoonful or two of cream. In a pinch I've used milk.
- Great on a bed of chopped fresh green romaine, surrounded with slivers of green peppers, black olives, tomatoes, sweet white onion rings, feta cheese, sliced beets, poached shrimp and anchovy fillets.
- The Louis Papppas Greek Salad of my dreams.
- We ARE lazy and just eat the potato salad.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Thanks!! This sounds wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
This sounds great. I try to keep white and apple cider vinegar, at all times, so I can try it with either one.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
very lovely potato sald. Love the herbs in it!midgelet in Eastern loved it