Green RisottoFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked arborio rice shopping list
- 6 cups chicken broth very lightly salted shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed drained and wrung dry in cloth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives shopping list
- 4 large fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and toss to coat.
- Cook 2 minutes stirring constantly until well coated with butter then remove from heat.
- In a separate saucepan bring broth and wine to simmer.
- Add 1/2 cup broth mixture to the rice over medium heat and stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue cooking and stirring adding only 1/3 cup warm broth at a time.
- Let liquid become absorbed before adding more.
- In a food processor or blender puree spinach and herbs until very fine.
- Stir the spinach herb mixture into the risotto just before serving.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Serve immediately.