Dark Chocolate Bacon CupcakesFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 12 slices bacon shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup strong cold coffee shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 374 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Prepare cupcake pans with 24 liners.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk and oil.
- Stir until just blended.
- Mix in 3/4 of the bacon, reserving the rest for garnish.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes OR until tops spring back when touched.
- Cool in the pan set on a wire rack.
- When cool, arrange on serving platter.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
- Sprinkle reserved bacon crumbles on top.
- Dust with additional cocoa powder.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
5 for "unique" for sure!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Could there be a more perfect combination!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Superb. I am in great need of trying, this for your recipe, has my mouth, watering.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it