Risotto Rice PuddingFrom lacrenshaw 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 8 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine rice, milk, sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon and salt in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring every 5 minutes as the mixture starts to thicken.
- Continue this for about 30 minutes.
- Continue cooking until the rice is tender but not mushy, about 15 minutes longer.
- The milk will be thick and the rice tender; the mixture will a little soupy.
- As pudding cools it thickens.
- If too thick while still hot, it will cool to a stodgy lump with no creaminess.
- Whisk egg yolks and cream together in a bowl.
- Stir slowly into pudding.
- Continue cooking pudding over medium low heat for 2 to 3 minutes until eggs are cooked through and pudding is creamy, glossy and still fairly soupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Grate a little nutmeg into pudding, if desired.
- Remove vanilla bean.
- Pour pudding into serving bowl and press plastic wrap over the surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate until cold, at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve cold.
- NOTE: This pudding is delicious as is or you can fold a dollop of whipped cream into each serving.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
Sounds great! High FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Yummy, I like the combination of ingredients - saving this one.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
This looks fabulouschichimonkeyface in Albany loved it