Healthy Cranberry SconesFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups regular oatmeal shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4cup orange juice with pulp shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 cup chopped, dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts shopping list
- 1 tbsp white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- Place 1 cup oatmeal in microwave-safe pie plate
- Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant, stirring once during cooking time
- Let oatmeal cool
- Place remaining oatmeal into a food processor & process until ground
- In large bowl, combine buttermilk, orange juice, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg. Mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Cut in the butter and mix until particles are fine.
- Stir in the toasted oatmeal, and ground oatmeal.
- Add the buttermilk.
- Stir JUST until combined.
- Add the cranberries and hazelnuts; form into a ball.
- Place the dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Press with rolling pin to a 3/4 inch thick circle about 9 inches across.
- With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 10 wedges and separate slightly.
- In small bowl, combine white sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix well; sprinkle over scones.
- Bake for 13 to 20 minutes or until scones are light golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack to cool for about 15 minutes; serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating7 people
I'll have one please!!! Sounds great, Chef!!! Thanks for sharing !!! :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
These sound absolutely delicious! Love the oatmeal and hazelnuts in these! 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
FIVE!dagnabbit in Barrie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!