J Paul Getty Museum Carrot CakeFrom magandab 5 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1/2 cup canola oil (called for 1-1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (I added this to make up for oil) shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cups shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained (from an 8 oz can) shopping list
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: shopping list
- 1 8oz brick of low-fat cream cheese, softened (called for 3 oz) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (called for 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar (1-1/4 cups in original) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- Rest of pineapple (approx 1/4 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all cake ingredients, in the order listed, and mix until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9” pan.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour, or until the cake starts to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Combine all frosting ingredients and frost cake.
- Chill, covered at least two hours. Overnight is better. This cake gets better as it ages a bit.
The Cookmagandab Apple Valley, US
The Rating6 people
yum.... love this ...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
My employer's birthday is coming up, and his favorite is carrot cake! Going to try this one! Looks awesome!harley7 in Romney loved it
wow love this carrot cake love addition of applesauce thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!