Grilled Clam BakeFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 16 fresh little neck clams, cleaned shopping list
- 9 frozen cob corn, each cut in half shopping list
- 8 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 medium onions, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves* shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 3 pounds crab claws and legs** shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- French bread, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat gas grill to medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Layer all ingredients in order listed except crab, butter and bread in 16 1/2 x 12 x 2 1/2-inch disposable aluminum roasting pan.
- Cover; place pan on grill. Grill 15 minutes. Add crab; continue cooking, covered, until potatoes are tender (20 to 30 minutes). Remove bay leaves. Stir in butter. Serve immediately with crusty French bread, if desired.
- *Substitute 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves.
- **Substitute 3 pounds King crab legs or 4 to 6 small whole lobsters. Add with clams at beginning of preparation.
- Oven Directions: Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare ingredients as directed above. Bake in covered roasting pan, following directions above, until potatoes are tender (60 to 75 minutes).