Chicken KievFrom momofsixil 7 years ago
- 8-10 boneless chicken breast fillets shopping list
- 1 stick real butter, cut into tablespoon-size pieces shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- dried parsley flakes shopping list
- Minced onion flakes shopping list
- 2 packages or sleeves of saltine crackers, finely crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 beaten eggs shopping list
- vegetable or canola oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- On a cutting board, pound each chicken breast fillet to a 1/4-inch thickness with meat mallet.
- Layer onto baking sheet lined with waxed paper and put in refrigerator until ready to prepare.
- In food processor, place saltine crackers and process until crackers are fine crumbs. *May also put into large plastic zip bag and crush with rolling pin if no processor is available.
- Pour cracker crumbs into large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place one chicken breast-smooth side up- (already pounded thin) onto waxed paper-lined surface.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley flakes, and dried minced onion evenly onto top surface of chicken.
- Place one tablespoon (square) of butter onto longside end of chicken and tightly roll up. *May need to secure with toothpick*
- Repeat this process with each individual chicken breast fillet.
- Pour 1 cup flour into medium mixing bowl.
- Beat the 3 eggs with milk in another medium mixing bowl.
- Place one rolled-up kiev into flour and coat evenly.
- Dip into beaten egg mixture.
- Place into fine cracker crumbs and coat evenly.
- Place onto baking sheet until ready to fry.
- Repeat this process until chicken kievs are all coated.
- Preheat cooking oil in large dutch oven pan on medium-high heat on stove top.
- Carefully place 2 kievs into hot oil.
- Fry approximately 5 minutes on each side, or until golden-browned.
- Remove from hot oil onto paper towel-lined large baking sheet.
- Serving suggestion:
- **My family loves to slice hot chicken kievs in half and pour the enclosed butter onto mashed potatoes! Delectable!!
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating6 people
fantastic love this one thanks give it a high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
SOUNDS GREAT.......I LOVE CHICKEN KIEV...THANXlycett in CANYON COUNTRY loved it
I love Chicken Kiev!! FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it