Easy Slow Cooker Carne GuisadaFrom capedread 7 years ago
- 3 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, unpeeled and diced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into strips shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- combine beef, onion, peppers, and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Toss the beef mixture with the flour mixture until evenly coated.
- Place the mixture into a slow cooker, and pour in enough beef broth to barely cover the meat. If you don't have quite enough, you can fill the rest of the way with water. or wine
- Cook on Low until the beef is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- put the potatoes in about 1 hour before the end of cooking time
- this would be a good time to adjust your seasonings too