Roasted Garlic DressingFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 1 head of garlic, top third cut off and loose skin removed shopping list
- 2 shallots, loose skin removed shopping list
- 4 TB olive oil shopping list
- 1 TB lemon juice shopping list
- 1 TB white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary shopping list
- 6 TB extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*F
- Place the head of garlic and shallots on a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and sprinkle with 2 TB of olive oil.
- Wrap and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet and cook in 400*F oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, open the package and allow to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze the garlic and shallots from their skins into a blender or food processor.
- Add 2 TB olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard thyme, rosemary. Process to a puree.
- With machine running add in a slow steady stream 6 TB of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 3/4 cup.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
The Rating2 people
I am making this today, got the garlic roasting right now. I think I'll serve it with my own pasta alfredo, which is simple and delicious.
Thanks, coffeebean. :-)eleven in Fort Payne loved it
UPDATE: Ok, I have taken liberties with your dressing, CB. Just letting you know. :-P As dinnertime approached, I realized that I was hungrier than just pasta alfredo, so I sauteed some veggies (portabellos, green pepper, bell pepper, onions and ...moreeleven in Fort Payne loved it