Chef Irishs Favorite Corned Beef And CabbageFrom chef_irish 7 years ago
- 4-pound corned beef brisket shopping list
- 3 large carrots, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 6 to 8 small onions, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon powdered English mustard shopping list
- 1 large spring of fresh thyme and several parsley stalks tied together shopping list
- 1 cabbage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put the corned beef into a large pot with the carrots, onions, mustard powder and herbs.
- Cover with cold water; bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 1 hour. From time to time, skim fat from top as it rises.
- Discard the outer leaves of the cabbage and cut into quarters, Add to the pot. * Cook for another one to two hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- (Hint): *We prefer our cabbage crispy firm, so, we cook it separately. Cooked quickly in boiling water, it retains its beautiful bright green color. We season it heavily with fresh ground pepper and we don't go easy on the butter!
- Serve the corned beef cut into slices and surrounded by the vegetables. Serve with a generous amount of potatoes, boiled in their jackets and freshly made mustard. (I Like to Use A Good Irish Mustard Like - Lakeshore Irish Pub)
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating6 people
One of my alltime favorites! lookin forward to St. Patrick's Day and this meal! Dooleydooley in Krum loved it
One of my familys favorites too. One head of cabbage is never enough though. Great post.dragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
Love corned beef and cabbage! This recipe sounds easy and tasty, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!