Chicken SaltimboccaFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- Instant flour for dredging,such as Wondra shopping list
- 4 boneless,skinless chicken breast halves(about 1 to 11/2lbs. shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 16 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 4 thin slices prosciutto(about 2oz.) shopping list
- 1Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 5 oz. cremini mushrooms,sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,smashed shopping list
- 1/2c dry marsala wine shopping list
- 3Tbs water shopping list
- 1/3c creme fraiche shopping list
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375. Put flour in shallow dish. Lay chicken breast smooth side up on piece of waxed paper and season lightly with pepper. Lay 3 sage leaves across the top of each chicken breast and wrap with a slice of prosciutto,tucking endsa of prosciuuto underneath.
- Heat large skilet over med-high heat;add oil and butter. Dredge wrapped chicken in flour,shakingoff excess. Place chicken in pan with prosciutto side down and cook,turning once,till lightly browned on both sides,about 5 mins. in all.
- Transfer chicken to roasting pan and bake,uncovered for 10 mins.
- Turn heat under skillet to high. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook ,stirring till the mushrooms brown,about 4 mins. Add the marsala and the remaining 4 sage leaves and bring to boil,scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon;cook till the liquid is almost gone.
- Add the water,pull pan off heat and swirl in the creme fraiche and parsley. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Pool the mushroom sauce on individual plates or on serving platter and arrange chicken pieces on top.
- Creme Fraiche is a cultured cream-sort of a rich yogurt. Perfect for add luster to sauces. If you can't find it;add heavy cream stirred with a drop or two of lemon juice.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
ooooooh....that sounds WAAAYYYYY good Pat!! My list to try soon is growing by leaps and bounds....I should have my meals planned everyday until this time next year! lol I am putting this on the list to try though...have 2 bags of chicken in the fre...moresparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
I love wondra, it is (ahem) wonderful. This is a nicer variation of saltimbocca than mine, can't wait to give it a try. Love the marsala addition. YUMMYnotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This is a really sounds wonderful, you are making me hungry just reading this, great post.....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it